BEREA, Ohio — What’s Tyrod Taylor’s mindset heading into the Sunday’s opener against the Steelers?
“This year in Cleveland, we’ll shock the world,” he said Friday in an interview on Uninterrupted.
“This year in Cleveland, we’ll shock the world.” — @TyrodTaylor
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) September 7, 2018
Here are a few more highlights from his interview:
* “I have an opportunity to help change a culture in the same way that I had in Buffalo, but at the end of the day, my focus is on doing whatever it takes to win a game and it’s crazy. In year eight I’m at peace mentally more than I’ve been in any year before.”
* “Everything that I’ve been through to this point, prepares me for the moment that I’m at now.”
* “I’m never going to take away knowledge from someone. If someone asks me things, them I’m always going to give them the answer that I feel would help.”
* “The learning curve will naturally happen for (Baker Mayfield) but this right now is an opportunity for me to grow as a leader. It’s not anything I’m focusing on or not focusing on. I’m just going out there with my mind on football and doing whatever it takes to win games.”
* On being benched in Buffalo: “I wasn’t being told the truth at the time. The GM told me one thing and the coach told me something else. The thing that was told to me was ‘oh, he can’t do the or he can’t do this.’ It was never ‘he could do this or he could do that.’ People told me what I couldn’t do or people told me what I wasn’t going to be and I was able to overcome.”